top of page


Marion Baptist first became a church body in 1856 when a group of believers began meeting in individual homes. That same year, the first church building was built and dedicated. For 18 years the church flourished in spite of many adverse circumstances. By God’s grace and will, in 1874, a new church building was erected.  A few years later, the building was moved to its present location at Bloomlock and Defiance Trail. In 1904 the church members decided to remodel the church.  Over the next year, the 1874 structure was rotated, remodeled and was rededicated in 1906.  This structure and the pews remain part on the church today.  In 1948 the members excavated a full-size basement used for classrooms and fellowship meetings.  In 1955 a new front entrance, along with a front staircase to the basement, was added.  In 1956 the church celebrated its 100th anniversary.  From 1972 to 1974 the interior and exterior of the church were redecorated, a nursery was made in the basement and the front entrance was remodeled to include the first indoor restrooms.  In the year 2000, the members decided, again, to add on to the church.  The addition of 6,973 square feet created needed classrooms, a fellowship hall and a kitchen.  In 2006, we celebrated our 150th anniversary. By the grace and will of God, we will continue to hold true to our motto: “The Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible.”

bottom of page